My kids came home from School asking to bake honey biscuits to sell at their upcoming school Market Day. With Rosh Hashanah around the corner and honey being the flavor of the month I thought I would share with you this delish honey biscuit recipe.
The recipe comes from my mom and has always been a favorite growing up...the biscuits literally melt in your mouth!
There is nothing really healthy about them but here is my 20/80 rule; if you eat healthy 80 percent of the time you can cheat the other 20 percent of the time
You can always replace regular oil with coconut oil, replace white sugar with brown sugar or honey and can use spelt flour instead of regular white flour.
1 glass oil - glass is a bit bigger than a cup
1 glass honey
1 glass sugar
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of ginger ( optional)
2 tsp bicarbonate soda
8 cups flour
Mix oil, honey and sugar together.
Add in one egg at a time and mix.
Mix while adding the rest of ingredients.
Make golf size balls and leave space in between because they do grow.
Bake @ 180 for 10- 15 minutes. You can take them out as soon as they are light brown.
They freeze well!