It's Summer Holidays here in Cape Town and I've been entertaining the kids for the past three weeks. One of their all time favorite activities is baking with me in the kitchen. My 6 year old asked me if we could bake healthy cookies (how could I say no!) so I messaged a friend of mine who's vegan and asked her if she has any recipes to share.
She forwarded me this recipe from www.tasteofhome.com. It has no flour or oil in it and is the easiest recipe to make with only 5 ingredients. They really came out so tasty and delicious I thought I MUST share it with you.
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a small bowl, cream peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg. Add oats and baking soda to creamed mixture; mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 175° for 6-8 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.